New Zealand Certificate in
Make-up & Skin Care (Introduction) Level 3
What you’ll take out
Love make-up and skin care? Enter this colourful and dynamic industry and open the door to endless opportunities that can lead you anywhere.
You will enjoy learning about client consultations, fundamental make-up techniques for day, night and special occasion make-up, skin care services for different skin types, skin tones, ethnic groups, young and mature skin as well as giving advice, customer service and making product recommendations.
- Professional standards and expectations relating to a makeup and skin care workplace including associated health, safety and hygiene obligations.
- Client consultation to establish their needs, and decide on and agree a range of possible make-up and/or skin care services and products, and an appropriate course of treatment.
- Client advice on the selection and use of appropriate cosmetics and toiletries and assist with sales and promotional activities within a make-up and skin care workplace.
- Skills and knowledge of make-up and skin care services to meet client’s needs in accordance with industry standards.
- Skin conditions in order to advise clients about their possible implications in terms of proposed skin care and make-up services.
- Communicate professionally in a make-up and skin care workplace.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the beauty industry with people who have obtained sufficient knowledge, practical skills and attitudes to competently perform large range of Make-up, Skin Care services, and client care, support services.
This qualification is suitable for learners who are wanting to gain a recognized level of competence and professional standards in Make-up and Skin Care.
February / July
Full time no term breaks: 20 weeks:
Tuesday – Friday 9.00am – 4.15pm
Domestic Student Pricing:
$8,058.00 (incl GST and Kit)
New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4)
New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology (Level 4)
Skin care and Make-up Technician.
Student fees will be held in trust in compliance with section 236A of the Education Act 1989 as amended by the Education Act (No4) 199.
To be eligible for our Level 3 Makeup & Skin care programme, you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen, or have 3 or more years permanent residence in New Zealand
- NCEA Level 1 or equivalent
- A passion and desire to be working in the barbering industry
- Age 16 years or higher
- A positive attitude and commitment to complete the course.
Book in a tour at our campuses via our contact page.
We like to meet with you individually to discuss your study options + have a tour at the campus you would be studying at. If the programme is right for you we will have application forms ready for you to complete. We can also help you at that time with discovering that you are eligible for FeesFree or a student loans, and then help you with the process with paying the programme fees.
Book a tour and get the process started.