English Language Level 2 NZCEL
What you’ll take out
Do you want to gain the English language skills to work or study in New Zealand? Do you want nationally recognised English qualification? Look no further! No matter what your current English proficiency level, we have a programme for you to improve your English language skills and take your career forward.
Outcome: NZCEL English Language Level 2
Premier Institute of Education offers the New Zealand Certificates in English Language (Level 1 to Level 5). The New Zealand Certificates in English Language (NZCEL) qualifications are nationally recognised qualifications intended for learners of English as an additional language, who have successfully completed NZQA approved programmes delivered in New Zealand or offshore.
This programme is intended for learners with a minimal command of English. The aim is to provide graduates with the skills to communicate with support, in basic, familiar, everyday situations in order to participate in an English language environment.
This programme is at a level comparable to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) high A2—low B1.
Monday – Friday
9AM – 1:30 PM
Student fees will be held in trust in compliance with Section 236A of the Education Act 1989 as amended by the Education Act (No4) 199
To be eligible for our Level 2 English Course, you must:
- Produce evidence of sufficient education to cope with the course in ESOL. This should be a minimum of four years’ secondary schooling or its equivalent, which is accepted as evidence of literacy in the mother tongue;
- Or have English as an additional language with an IELTS score between 3 and 3.5;
And hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence status
Or hold a Certificate of Refugee Status and provide evidence of eligibility to study for the duration of enrolment
Or have a valid student visa for the duration of enrolment
- You will need to approach the institute or one of our registered agents and will be given detailed information about the programme, entry criteria, subject options, facilities, the Code of Practice (international students), and fees.
- You must read the conditions of acceptance then fill out and sign the enrolment form.
- You will be sent a conditional letter of offer of place. On this offer it is clearly stated what documents (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL Certificate, Academic Record) need to be supplied in order for the final unconditional letter of offer to be issued.
- You will forward the required documents to Premier Institute of Education. Only originals or certified copies will be accepted. Once the documents have been sighted and verified by the International Management Team, the letter of offer is issued. If you need to apply for a visa for New Zealand, the letter of offer is presented to the nearest New Zealand Immigration Office by you or your agent.
- You will then be able to gain appropriate immigration documentation in your country of origin.
- You pay the fees in full.
What level of English will I have when I complete?
Graduates of this programme will have, in a supportive environment, the English language skills to understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases to initiate and respond to short routine social interactions to meet basic needs, read and understand simple texts on familiar topics, and write simple isolated sentences on familiar topics.
Graduates from this programme will be able to work in positions that require basic, short memorised phrases; understanding of short; basic, predictable spoken phrases; and understanding of a small range of individual words.
Graduates from this programme build on the knowledge and skills acquired from NZCEL Level 1 and can further pathway into NZCEL Level 3.