Business Leadership and Management Level 6
What you’ll take out
Further yourself with the New Zealand Diploma in Business at Premier Institute of Education. On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to demonstrate general and specialised business knowledge and skills specifically in leadership and management that can be applied in a range of operational roles. This course also offers students the opportunity to cross-credit into the Massey University Business School and earn a degree in business.
Outcome: Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) Level 6
The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 6) programme of study prepares learners for mid-level management/leadership positions with a strategic perspective within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the field of business leadership and management.
The programme is suitable for people with prior knowledge in business management and leadership at an operational level and who wish to gain general and specialised knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership and management with a strategic perspective within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the areas of business management.
- Business Planning: Students will be able to assess the impact of external environment on the business, including global impact and develop business plans to provide solutions to enhance the entity’s performance.
- Leadership and People Performance: Students will study leadership approaches in developing a high performance working culture at all levels in an organisation. The learners gain insights of the contribution an organisation’s workforce can make to competitive advantage and advancement of the strategic vision and values.
- Management Accounting: Students will gain the necessary knowledge, skills and tools of applying accounting information to support management planning and decision making within an organization. Learners will also gain the understanding of the compliance and regulatory requirement in accounting for a business in New Zealand.
- Project Management: Students will develop their knowledge and skills in project management, applying the tools and techniques to manage a project successfully within an organisation.
- Strategic Management: Students will analyse the strategic directives of an organisation and the internal and external challenges and issues to develop strategic objectives for the organisation. Students will also gain knowledge and skills in business management from a strategic perspective.
- Strategic Leadership: Students will appreciate the role of strategic leadership and its importance in achieving individual and organisational goals.
20 hours class based learning (2.5 days on campus)
14 hours self directed learning
Student fees will be held in trust in compliance with Section 236A of the Education Act 1989 as amended by the Education Act (No4) 199
To be eligible for the Business Level 6 Course, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an English equivalent of IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5; or equivalent
- Have completed at least a Diploma in Business Level 5 or international equivalent; or have at least two years of relevant work experience; or equivalent.
International Student Enrolment Process
- You will need to approach the institute or one of our registered agents and will be given detailed information about the programme, entry criteria, subject options, facilities, the Code of Practice (international students), and fees.
- You must read the conditions of acceptance then fill out and sign the enrolment form.
- You will be sent a conditional letter of offer of place. On this offer it is clearly stated what documents (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL Certificate, Academic Record) need to be supplied in order for the final unconditional letter of offer to be issued.
- You will forward the required documents to Premier Institute of Education. Only originals or certified copies will be accepted. Once the documents have been sighted and verified by the International Management Team, the letter of offer is issued. If you need to apply for a visa for New Zealand, the letter of offer is presented to the nearest New Zealand Immigration Office by you or your agent.
- You will then be able to gain appropriate immigration documentation in your country of origin.
- You pay the fees in full.