Business Leadership and Management Level 5
What you’ll take out
Further yourself with the New Zealand Diploma in Business at Premier Institute of Education. On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to demonstrate general and specialised business knowledge and skills specifically in leadership and management that can be applied in a range of operational roles. This course also offers students the opportunity to cross-credit into the Massey University Business School and earn a degree in business.
Outcome: Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) Level 5
The programme is suitable for people with little or no prior knowledge in business management and leadership and who wish to gain general and specialised knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership and management at an operational level within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the areas of business management.
- Fundamentals of Business Management: Students will develop a sound foundation in business and management, specifically in the areas of operations, accounting, sales/marketing, HR, and risk management to support the operational efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation.
- Management Principles: Students will gain the knowledge of theories and principles of business management and their implications in managing an organisation effectively. They will apply this knowledge to overcome challenges and resolve management issues via case studies based on real or realistic organisations.
- Business Environment: Students will understand the various environments a business operates in and analyse the various environmental factors to achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness for an organisation.
- Communication for Leaders: Students will develop applied skills in communication and negotiation to manage and lead an organisation effectively. Students will also gain a sound understanding of organisation culture and team engagement.
- Operations Management: Students will gain the knowledge and skills in operations management and resource management within organisation to achieve operational excellence.
- Leadership and Change Management: Students will gain understanding of the various leadership styles, the challenges and issues of leadership within organisations, and the interrelationship between leadership, innovation and change.
20 Hours class based learning (2.5 days on campus)
14 Hours self directed learning
Student fees will be held in trust in compliance with Section 236A of the Education Act 1989 as amended by the Education Act (No4) 199
To be eligible for the Business Level 5 Course, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an English equivalent of IELTS 5.5 with no band less than 5.0; or equivalent
- Have completed at least a Certificate in Business Level 3 or 4; or New Zealand Year 12 secondary schooling or international equivalent; or have at least two years of relevant work experience; or equivalent.
International Student Enrolment Process
- You will need to approach the institute or one of our registered agents and will be given detailed information about the programme, entry criteria, subject options, facilities, the Code of Practice (international students), and fees.
- You must read the conditions of acceptance then fill out and sign the enrolment form.
- You will be sent a conditional letter of offer of place. On this offer it is clearly stated what documents (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL Certificate, Academic Record) need to be supplied in order for the final unconditional letter of offer to be issued.
- You will forward the required documents to Premier Institute of Education. Only originals or certified copies will be accepted. Once the documents have been sighted and verified by the International Management Team, the letter of offer is issued. If you need to apply for a visa for New Zealand, the letter of offer is presented to the nearest New Zealand Immigration Office by you or your agent.
- You will then be able to gain appropriate immigration documentation in your country of origin.
- You pay the fees in full.